Lacking inspiration or not sure where to start?
Writing good and engaging content does not come that easily. So many topics you want to talk about. It can be daunting at first.
But, whether you are blogging to entertain, to sell products or to build a community, there is a solution to anything.
With time, you will get the hang of it.
With what I learned with WordPress this week, writing your first posts should be as simple as child’s play.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
Write to offer solutions.
Benefit-oriented headlines are more likely to hook readers. A good way to start is “How to…” such as:
- How to install WordPress?
- or, how to install a plugin?
Craft paragraphs with numbered lists or bulleted points.
This will make content more digestible and easier to read.
Close with a call-to action.
What is the purpose of your site?
- Converting prospects into clients. Use calls-to-action to grab attention and prompt responses.
- Converting new visitors into members. Add a signup button at the bottom of your articles.
- Building a community. Invite users to leave comments and make your posts shareable on social networks.
Knowing your website goals and your audience will help define your blogging process.
4. I would not wrap it up without a few note about WordPress tools:
- WordPress Calls to Actions, to create your own call to action, monitor and improve conversion rates.
- Squirrly SEO, to write better search engine optimized articles.
- InboundWriter, that enables bloggers to easily create online content for increased reach, engagement and conversions.
And, for professional advice on how to craft persuasive copy?
Check out Copyblogger, which offers content marketing solutions for small businesses in need of professional copy.
More resources for your inspiration:
- 2014 Reboot: Find Motivation and Inspiration to blog better this year
- An introduction to content strategy for WordPress sites
- 20 awesome usability tools to monitor your marketing efforts.
Stay tuned for more blogging tips…!